poems of faiz ahmed faiz in urdu

 poems of faiz ahmed faiz in urdu 


A prison evening

Every star a rung

The night comes down the spiral

Stairs of the evening.

The breeze goes by so close

as if someone happened to speak of love.

In the yard,

The trees are taken in refugees

Embroider cards of return in the sky.

On the roof,

the moon - loving, generous -

turns the stars

into a dust of shine.

From every corner dark green shadows

Come towards me in waves.

Any moment they can break over me

like waves of pain every time I remember

this separation from my lover.

This thought comforts me again and again:

though tyrants can order lamps to be smashed

in rooms where lovers should meet,

they cannot extinguish the moon, so today

tyranny will not succeed tomorrow

No poison from torture makes me bitter.

if only one evening in jail 





Even today the spirit is looking for a word again:

 

A word

Drunk with wine or filled with poison,

Full of love or full of fear.

 

A word of affection:

Like a joyful look -

One that carries the caress of soft, warm lips.

Ingenious - like a wave of molten gold.

The spring of excitement in the embrace of lovers.

 

A word of dislike:

Like an angry sword -

One that will forever devastate the oppressors' strongholds.

Dark - like the night in a haunted cemetery.

The mere utterance should burn my lips black.



The sun returns again

Again the sun returns and bathes the world on its journey.

Again the morning light goes hand in hand with the sky.

Again the fire roars in every happy song

Again the flames leap from every crying eye.

Another madman leaves after setting fire to his house

And every path says something to every passerby.

This color plays a role in the air of the garden.

Hid the prison walls from the limits of the eye.

The glasses rattle, regardless of whether the liquid is flowing or not

The clouds thunder whether it rains or stays dry.

Don't worry about shoes now, better take a look at your turban

That wave at your feet will soon be head-high.








All the Way

How long was this night of agony of separation!

 

With all my confidence in this promise from you

I swallowed the bitterness of the night my love

My beloved! O my true beloved!

 

With all my confidence in this promise from you

I rang the chains as if they were cymbals.

Sometimes I put the links on as earrings, *

With others, I assumed the shackles were my anklets.

 

For my love for you I offered the flesh of my body, **

I sent you my call with ravens as messengers.

"This night ends soon, my love will be some then."

I kept looking the way.

No one came except the people with mockery

Nothing came but a downpour of contempt.

 

Today you must reprove these scoffers, my darling;

Come to my home, my long-separated lover.

When dawn falls I long to exclaim

"Thank God, the joy has come back to my home!"

 

"The darling whose promise I trusted without wavering,

This darling also kept the promise all the way. "






Ashes and blossoms

Today again

On the cord spun with grief and pain

I threaded flowers; drawn from your memory.

 

And I plucked

From the desert of forsaken love

Buds that bloomed; When we were together

 

Then,

I put in front of your front door

Offer to the days of your memory.

 

Placed,

Side by side in the vase called Desire,

The ashes of separation, the blossoms of our love.





August 1952

It's still a long way off, but there are hints of spring:

Some blooming flowers have their collars ripped open.

During this time of autumn, almost winter, leaves can still be heard:

Their dry orchestras play tucked away in corners of the garden.

The night is still where it was, but sometimes the colors fly

Leaving red feathers of dawn in the sky.

Do not regret that our breath is used as air, our blood as oil -

Finally some lamps are on in the night.

Tip your cup, do not hesitate! To have given up everything

We don't need wine. We have freed ourselves, made time irrelevant.

When an imprisoned man opens his eyes, cages dissolve: air, fire,

Water, earth - they all pledged such dawns and such gardens to him.

Your feet are bleeding Faiz, something is sure to bloom

while you water the desert by simply walking through it.








Be near me

You who destroy me, you who I love

be near me. Stay close to me in the evening

drunk with the blood of heaven

becomes night in the other

a sword wrapped in the diamonds of the stars.

Be near me when the night laments or sings.

or when it starts dancing

his star-blue anklets tinkled with grief.

Be here when longings have long been submerged

to reappear in the water of the heart

and everyone starts to look:

Where is the assassin? In whose sleeve

Is the redeeming knife hidden?

And when wine as it is poured is sobbing

of children who will not be comforted by anything -

if nothing lasts,

if nothing is:

at this dark hour when the night mourns

Be near me, my destroyer, my lover,

be near me.


Post a Comment

0 Comments